Sunday 18 November 2012

Home made nail stickers TUTORIAL: Mustache manicure

Hi,
Today I'll show you my first attempt to home made nail stickers. They are very easy to 
do and are very helpful when you want wear designs you can't paint directly on the nails.
As I've tried several times to paint mustaches on my nails and I failed each time, I 
thought this might be the perfect design to stick. Now, into the tutorial:
Tools needed: 
-a plastic bag
-clear nail polish
-one or more coloured nail polishes for the design
-tweezers

Procedure:
1. Put the plastic bag on a still stand, in order that you can easily paint your design.
2. Paint rectangles using clear nail polish and allow them to dry for a few hours. I made 
more then ten, just in case I would spoil some of them when peeling them off.
3. After they have completely dried, paint the desired image on the rectangles. Use
any thin brushes, dotting tools, toothpicks you have to create a beautiful design to stick
on the nails.
4. Gently peel the strips off the plastic bag using tweezers.
5. Apply a base colour on each nail, and while it is still wet, stick the design. 
6. Remove the excess strip using scissors, nail clippers of a nail file.
7. Use top coat to protect your manicure.


For the base colour, I used two coats of Illamasqua -Scorch and then I applied a
coat of Deborah Lippmann -Boom Boom Pow. This is the final result. 
What do you think? Have you ever created your own home made stickers?

14 comments:

Yewizzy said...

Beautiful..deffers trying this out :-)

Yewizzy @ She Loves The Finer Things

Em's Little Corner said...

Great tutorial, I often do this, especially if I'm using a polish which needs a thick layer for coverage but takes forever to dry, I'll paint it on a bag, let it dry then use it from there as an accent (eg v-gap manis)

Maria said...

@Emma: I've never thought of this but it's a great idea! :)

Abyukina said...

wow! nu stiam ca lacul incolor se poate desprinde asa usor de pe platisc/punga. E o idee foarte buna. Trebuie sa fac rost de o punga de genul acela :D Am numai din acelea de sanwich-uri, fasaitoare care am o presimtire ca nu sunt tocmai bune pentru asa ceva :D

Maria said...

@Aby: incearca cu o plasa obisnuita, si acelea sunt bune :)

Lou is Perfectly Polished said...

Very clever. Great idea especially when you need to try and free hand a design using your non dominant hand :) xx

Stefanie said...

Funny nails. Thank you for sharing.

Shannara said...

looks so cute, love it!

Ela's Dreams said...

foarte dragute unghiile si un tutorial folositor multumesc de idee :)

Santoine71113 said...

Thank you for this tutorial! Is this manicure inspired by Movember?

Lydz said...

oh these are cool! :) nice tutorial - must try it!

Lindsey R said...

That is such a good idea! I've tried that method but without the clear coat first... did not go well!

Unknown said...

Love your mani !! I have tried this before but failed ... Will have to try again soon. Thanks for the tutorial :)

Maria said...

@Stania Antoine: It is :)

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to write me your thoughts. I love reading your comments!

Free counters!