Tuesday 19 September 2017

My nail care routine - Rutina mea de ingrijire a unghiilor

Hi,
Many of you have asked, so today I'll show you my simple nail care routine that keeps my nails healthy and strong. I think this is something that everyone wishes for and it's easy to accomplish if you try to always follow some simple steps. I'm not saying that my nail care routine is the best and you should do it like me, but try to create one that suits you and stick to it. 

I always start by removing any nail polish I had on my nails with the blue nail polish remover from Cien (you can find it in the Lidl supermarkets). I've tried a lot of nail polish removers and this one is my all time favourite. It easily removes any kind of nail polish without much effort and it's also very good at removing stamping polish and cleaning the stamping plates, stamper and scrapper. This is the most important thing for me, as most of the nail polish removers are ineffective at removing stamping polish and just create a huge mess. Not this one.

Next step is to hydrate my nails with the Tender Care protecting balm from Oriflame. I sometimes use other nail oils instead of this product. I like to leave my nails like that for a few hours, without any nail polish, just letting them breathe. Also, it's important that you're nails are not oily before proceeding to the next step, as the nail polish will chip faster if you apply it on a greasy base. 

Then I apply Mavala Scientifique Nail Hardener, a product I started using about 5 years ago and never stopped since. This product must be applied only on the tips and it gives them strength. I started using it a few years ago when I had serious problems with my nails. They were very weak and would break immediately. I was desperate to find something to really strengthen them and read about this product on the internet and decided to give it a try. I don't know its price know, but I remember that back then it was pretty expensive. I must say that it was the best investition I've ever made. My nails stoped breaking and became  stronger than ever. You use a really small amount of product for all ten nails because it's liquid. I have the same bottle I bought 5 years ago and still have more than half product in it even though I use it once or twice every week.

I always apply base coat before applying nail polish. The one I have now is 9 in 1 base coat from Melkior but I don't always use the same one. I buy what I feel like trying at that very moment. I was also very satisfied with 8 in 1 from Eveline and Nail Shield from Oriflame. The most important thing for me is to protect my nails from coloured nail polish stains as the Mavala Nail Hardner does most part of the the job. 


Buna, 
Multe dintre voi mi-ati cerut asta, asa ca astazi va voi arata rutina mea simpla de ingrijire a unghiilor ce ma ajuta sa le mentin sanatoase si puternice. Cred ca asta este ceva ce ne dorim toate si este usor sa le obtinem daca incercam sa urmam mereu niste pasi simpli. Nu spun ca ce fac eu este cel mai bine sau ca ar trebui sa faceti si voi la fel, dar incercati sa creati o rutina de ingrijire a unghiilor care vi se potriveste si tineti-va de ea.

Intotdeauna incep prin a sterge oja ce o aveam pe unghii cu Dizolvantul de unghii albastru de la Cien (se gaseste in supermarketurile Lidl). Am incercat o multime de dizolvante pentru unghii pana acum dar acesta este preferatul meu. Indeparteaza usor orice tip de oja fara prea mult efort si este foarte eficient in indepartarea ojei pentru stampilat si pentru curatarea placutelor, a stampilei si a scrapperului. Acesta este cel mai important lucru pentru mine, deoarece majoritatea dizolvantelor nu sunt eficiente cu oja pentru stampilat si doar fac o mare mizerie. Nu si acesta. 

Urmatorul pas este sa-mi hidratez unghiile cu Balsamul multifunctional Tender Care de la Oriflame (cunoscuta "cutiuta cu minuni"). Cateodata folosesc si alte uleiuri pentru unghii in locul acestui produs. Imi place sa imi las unghiile asa pentru cateva ore, fara sa aplic vreo oja, doar sa le las sa respire. De asemenea, este important ca unghiile sa nu fie uleioase inainte de a trece la pasul urmator, deoarece oja se va coji mai repede daca o aplicati pe o baza grasa.

Apoi aplic Scientifique Nail Hardener de la Mavala, un produs pe care am inceput sa il folosesc acum aproximativ 5 ani si nu m-am mai oprit de atunci. Am inceput sa il folosesc in urma cu cativa ani cand aveam probleme mari cu unghiile. Erau foarte fragile si se rupeau imediat. Eram disperata sa gasesc ceva ce sa le intareasca intr-adevar si am citit despre acest produs pe internet si am decis sa ii dau o sansa. Nu stiu care este pretul lui acum, dar imi amintesc ca atunci a costat destul de mult. Trebuie sa spun ca a fost cea mai buna investitie pe care o puteam face. Unghiile mele nu s-au mai rupt si au devenit mai tari ca niciodata. Ai nevoie de o cantitate foarte mica de produs pentru toate cele 10 unghii pentru ca are o consistenta lichida. Am si acum aceeasi sticluta pe care am cumparat-o acum 5 ani si mai am inca mai mult de jumatate de produs in ea, desi il folosesc o data sau de doua ori pe saptamana.

Intotdeauna aplic o baza pentru unghii inainte sa ma dau cu oja colorata. Cea pe care o am acum este Baza pentru unghii 9 in 1 din noua colectie Melkior, pe care o puteti gasi aici pe site-ul lor. Nu folosesc mereu aceeasi baza. De obicei cumpar ce ma atrage pe moment, dar am fost foarte satisfacuta si de baza 8 in 1 de la Eveline si de Nail Shield de la Oriflame. Cel mai important pentru mine este sa-mi protejez unghiile de petele lasate de ojele colorate, deoarece Nail Hardner-ul de la Mavala face toata treaba. 



And this is how my naked nails look like after spoiling them with all these products. What do you think? I'd love to hear about your nail care routine, too!

Si asa arata unghiile mele "goale" dupa ce le rasfat cu toate aceste produse. Ce parere aveti? Mi-ar placea sa aud mai multe si despre rutina voastra de ingrijire a unghiilor!

If you'd like to read about my face care routine, click here.
Daca v-ar placea sa cititi despre rutina mea de ingrijire a fetei, dati click aici.

Follow me on:

14 comments:

Carol Mitchao said...

Honestly, I haven't used a nail polish for almost 6 months now so I have a very simple nail routine; I moisturize with a nail oil a bought from a local drugstore :)

Saint Facetious said...

I never knew about nail hardener. Actually might have to try that myself.

Manases Andrea said...

Nu stiam de intaritorul Mavala. De unde ai cumparat-o?

Maria said...

@Manases Andrea l-am luat acum ceva timp de la Sensiblu, nu stiu daca se mai gaseste si acum :)

Oana said...

Si eu am cateva produse pe care le folosesc mereu la manichiura :)

SimplyTasheena said...

Your nails look really healthy. I have to create a nail care routine for myself. I typically paint or do my nails on a whim. Love your routine though.

Sian ryan said...

Your natural nails look lovely! I wish i had the patience to look after mine the way you do!

Unknown said...

OOO 9 in 1? I will have to try that. I have rather strong nails but have a hard time getting my nail polish to stay out. I think I need to puck up that 9 in 1 to see how it helps the overall health of my nails

Unknown said...

I have rather strong nails but have a hard time getting my nail polish to stay on. I have tried gel nails before but didn't like the effects it had on the the health of my nails. I will have to try this.

Courtney said...

I hate that I work in the food industry and can't have nail polish on! I would wear it every day and change the colors weekly if I could. I'll have to be happy with getting a pedicure every month instead :P

Lexagator said...

Your nails look amazing I have to try that oil. Such a great idea!

J. said...

I wish I would have found this while my nails were still recovering from having acrylics on. Those things really did a number on my nails.

Afroza Khan said...

I usually get shellac because it's just so easy to maintain. But, I also like to give my nails some break once in a while. Love your nail care routine, I definitely want to incorporate some of the ideas to my routine.

Dr. K. Lee Banks said...

Thanks for this! I have been having issues lately with soft, peeling nails. I do use the nail hardener, but maybe I need to condition them, too.

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to write me your thoughts. I love reading your comments!

Free counters!