Today I'll show you my first attempt to home made nail stickers. They are very easy to
do and are very helpful when you want wear designs you can't paint directly on the nails.
As I've tried several times to paint mustaches on my nails and I failed each time, I
thought this might be the perfect design to stick. Now, into the tutorial:
-a plastic bag
-clear nail polish
-one or more coloured nail polishes for the design
1. Put the plastic bag on a still stand, in order that you can easily paint your design.
2. Paint rectangles using clear nail polish and allow them to dry for a few hours. I made
more then ten, just in case I would spoil some of them when peeling them off.
3. After they have completely dried, paint the desired image on the rectangles. Use
any thin brushes, dotting tools, toothpicks you have to create a beautiful design to stick
on the nails.
4. Gently peel the strips off the plastic bag using tweezers.
5. Apply a base colour on each nail, and while it is still wet, stick the design.
6. Remove the excess strip using scissors, nail clippers of a nail file.
7. Use top coat to protect your manicure.
For the base colour, I used two coats of Illamasqua -Scorch and then I applied a
coat of Deborah Lippmann -Boom Boom Pow. This is the final result.
What do you think? Have you ever created your own home made stickers?