Tuesday, 28 August 2012

TUTORIAL: Create splatter nails using a straw

Hi,
Today I'll show you my newest creation: splatter nails. After seeing some tutorials
on Youtube, I've decided to make one, too. 

All you need for this is a straw, scissors and
somne different nail polish colours. The splatter won't work if you use the straw as it is,
you have to cut it diagonally. The actual technique is a simple one: you introduce the
straw into the nail polish bottle and then you blow in the other side of the straw. 



I previously created a white base coat on my nails and, using a sponge, I created a gradient effect
with a green neon colour. The nail polished used were Matt Dull White from Born Pretty and
It's So Easy -Hot Green. I created the splatter using a black colour. I recommend that, before
you start blowing nail polish on your nails, you should apply tape in your cuticles. 
This will make it easier for you to clean all the mess. 

I did the same design on my best friend's nails, but I used pink instead of green.
The nail polish used was Sinful Colors -Cream pink.

What do you think? Which one do you like the most?

22 comments:

Miss L said...

I like both! Very cool!!!!

Shannara said...

Looks like a modern painting on your nails, love it!

jansku said...

Very cool! Beautiful colours :))

Adina said...

Gorgeous!

adina said...

Foarte funny modelul in sine,cred ca mai bine arata combinatia cu roz, dupa gustul meu.

magnolia gonzález said...

beautifull

Jennifer [littlejsnailcorner] said...

Wow I love both versions! Thanks for the simple tutorial! I can't wait to try this! :D

Manases Andrea said...

Cum sa aleg eu intre aceste doua manichiuri superbe...este imposibil, imi plac prea mult ambele ca sa fac o alegere!

Stefanie B. aus K. said...

crazy but nice

nailXchange said...

I think they both turned out great and one of these days I'll finally try a splatter mani.

Christina Alexia said...

These are so pretty! I tried to do splatter nails a few weeks ago and I couldn't get the polish to "splatter" off the straw. I shall try again but cut the straw as you suggested :) thank you for the tutorial!

Lariesa - Me, Myself and Polish said...

Thats really pretty! Thanks for the tutorial, I'm definately going to try this sometime :)

Carla Allio said...

I love splatter nails! It's super easy!

Alexandra-Oana Marat said...

superba manichiura :x

Rabia Akhter said...

Thanks for the tutorial, its looks awsome :D

rosana said...

adorei o tutorial, vou tentar fazer

Andreea Hamblej said...

wow, love them <3
i will try this

gemma said...

I like both! Really original!

Teresa Koedyker said...

I like them both. Thanks for the tutorial!

נעמה שלום said...

Great tutorial. Thank you!

michiro_michi2000 said...

OMG!I love it,gonna try it but I'm not so good at it T.T

hueleacoco said...

Soooo nice and cool

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to write me your thoughts. I love reading your comments!